OJT Reporters is a digital news media platform that is aimed at making verifiable information available to Nigerians at all times. We want to achieve this through the involvement of students in journalism, mass communication, and even those with a passionate interest in those fields.
We are currently looking out for passionate undergraduate students from several Nigerian Universities and Corps Members who would love to intern/work with us.
Note: This is an unpaid internship, but an allowance to cover internet data and electricity will be provided to all interns in the amount of ₦10,000 monthly.
- As a news writer, you will gather the latest happenings around Nigeria and the world at large, write and publish such news articles to our online audience.
- Gather eyewitness reports, carry out interviews, and investigate issues of concern.
- The goal of your role is to provide timely, accurate, and well-written news information to our entire audience.
- Attend local events that are newsworthy and also virtually when possible, to get a well-written news report
- Final year student currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Mass Communications, or a related field. Or an NYSC Corps Member.
- You will be required to install the Grammarly keyboard on your mobile or computer.
- Content writing skills
- Analytical and reasoning skills
- Sound written English
- Work remotely as an intern even when in school
- Experience gathering in preparation for life after school
- Build your CV
- Have every article you publish in your name. An author's profile that will form a portfolio for your career growth
- Gain technical knowledge on how to use journalism tools and web publishing tools
- Learn on the job and practically carry out all you have been taught in school.
- Opportunity to join us full time after your academic years
- Reference/recommendation letter from us whenever you need one
For further inquiry or questions; email: [email protected]
Offer ended on December 30, 2022